CENTRAL PARK GARDENS TENANTS' ASSOCIATION
Thursday, March 16, 2023
Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Thursday, Mar. 16, 2023: Council Member Shaun Abreu at our meeting
8 PMTHURSDAY, MARCH 16, 2023*in the COMMUNITY ROOM
to vote for treasurer and 2 board members
*This is a change from the original date of March 15, 2023.
Friday, February 17, 2023
Thurs., Feb. 23: Learn basic CPR
The FDNY Mobile CPR Training Unit
THURSDAY, FEB. 23, 2023
The FDNY Foundation is proud to partner with NYC Service to fund the Be 911 Compressions Only CPR program.
The program equips New Yorkers with the skills to act in the event of cardiac arrest by offering free instruction across the five boroughs. The program, taught by certified FDNY EMS personnel, has successfully trained more than 50,000 New Yorkers in compressions-only CPR.
CPR, or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation, is a life-saving technique that helps increase survival rates for victims of cardiac arrest. It works by maintaining blood flow to the heart and brain until help arrives.
CPR Training is free and convenient. You can register online for one of our session across the five boroughs. The FDNY Mobile CPR Unit will host bystander CPR Training sessions at your location for groups of 15 or more.
What we offer:
- Basic instruction on how to use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Certified FDNY EMS instructors
- Compressions-only mannequins and “watch-while-practice” DVD instruction
- Convenient locations throughout the New York City
- Parting gifts: key fobs with CPR instructions and access to the Life Saver app, which guides users through the CPR process, locates nearby AEDs, and keeps beats for 105 compressions per minute (available for Iphone & Android)
Friday, January 27, 2023
Want to collect your compost but don't know how?
Keep your food scraps in the freezer in a plastic bag or container. When it's full, empty the bag into the "organics collection" bin on the ground floor. Throw the plastic bag into the regular trash bin next to it. Or bring the same bag bag upstairs to reuse for food scraps.
IF we can make this work, perhaps we can persuade Stellar to put a brown bin on each floor to make things even easier. But we have to show that we'll CLOSE THE LID properly.
Thursday, January 19, 2023
Summary of the Jan. 18, 2023 Tenant Meeting
- February 11, 2023 pre-Valentine's Day fundraiser in the lobby! Probably 11 AM to 6 PM. Contact the tenant association if you'd like to help, and give individually-wrapped goodies to Rosa Delgado in 2T in advance.
- Elevators: Please email CPGTenAssoc@gmail.com or Tenant Association Vice President Denis Hayward at: Denis [dot] Hayward [at sign] gmail DOT com whenever you're in the elevator and it bounces or has some other problem. We need hard data to make an effective complaint. Please include the date and time, which elevator (they're numbered 1,2,3,4, starting from the east end of the building), and what the problem is.
- RiteAid is closing at the end of January. (The company is distressed nationally, not just in NYC.) It will be transferring all prescriptions to the Duane Reade/Walgreen's on 94th Street and Columbus on January 31st. That Duane Reade's pharmacy is closed on weekends and may not honor refills past the first one. If you'd prefer another pharmacy, ask your doctor to send NEW prescriptions to that pharmacy.
- The notice from Stellar about submetering says if you have a problem with your electric bill, tell Stellar. It's the same notice we get every year, as required by the state. You can complain to Stellar about the amount of the bill, request that the bills be "evened up" so you pay roughly the same amount each month, and more. They can't shut your electricity off if you have a medical issue that needs electricity.