Monday, November 14, 2022
Sunday, November 6, 2022
All tenants are welcome to our
Member Danny O’Donnell
8 PM on Wed., Nov. 16, 2022
in the COMMUNITY ROOM
We'll talk about Albany and the recent elections, and building issues.
And we'll prepare for our tenant association election too. Would you like to run?
Please wear a mask.
Friday, October 28, 2022
leave a check ($10 dues, $100 legal fund if you can afford it)
sign a petition
pick up information
take some candy!
FUNDS, UNITY & SWEETS!
Monday, September 19, 2022
- Electronics recycling (which we don't need because we have it in our own backyard - just ask the super, Sako, if you have electronic equipment to recycle.)
- Rat Academy training for building supers and staff
- Volunteer clean-up of Broadway
- Meet the Commissioner of Sanitation on Wed., Sept. 21 at 6:30. If you'd like to share questions in advance of the meeting, please submit them here. YouTube Link: Click here to watch the YouTube live stream or copy/paste this URL into your browser: https://youtu.be/
WtXJwiFvQQo (advance registration not required)
- bar eviction except for good cause
- require renewal leases in most cases
- limit rent increases unless the landlord could show more is really needed.
Wednesday, September 14, 2022
8-8:30 PM Meet State Senator Brad Hoylman, who won the Democratic primary in our new state senate district and therefore will likely become our state senator in January. (Vote on election day, Nov. 8th!) Sen. Hoylman went from being an Eagle Scout in rural West Virginia to being a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford, a Harvard Law Grad, and will likely continuing his career in the State Senate, where he was the first openly gay member.
Since being in the Senate representing a district south of ours, he’s passed 120 bills, some of them the most progressive in decades. These include
· The Child Victims Act (with AM Linda Rosenthal)
· Police STAT Act, requiring pol. Depts. to share data on demographics of people they’re arresting & ticketing
· GENDA: antidiscrimination protections for transgender & non-binary NYers
· Protect Our Courts bars ICE from arresting immigrants in & around sate courthouses.
· Strengthened vaccine requirements for kids
· 2019 rent reforms – housing affordability is biggest issue.
You'll have a chance to ask him your questions.
8:30 PM After Sen. Hoylman, we'll hear from Assembly member Danny O'Donnell's chief of staff, Gabriel Lewenstein about what Danny has been up to.
8:45 PM Then building issues, including mice, elevators, free updated COVID boosters, composting, a Halloween fundraiser, and warehousing and your questions!