Enjoy the Conservatory Garden in Central Park, at 102nd Street near Fifth Avenue. The northern end of the garden is at its peak. Thanks to Barbara Geller, a volunteer there, for these photos.
Tuesday, October 20, 2020
Wednesday, October 7, 2020
CENTRAL PARK GARDENS TENANTS’ ASSOCIATION
COVID has changed our usual Halloween ACTIVITIES.
So no candy and fundraising in the lobby.
BUT we still need money –to keep all tenants informed with tenant handbooks, this website, flyers and more, and to fight the expected “Major Capital Improvement” increase we’re expecting for the rent stabilized tenants.
MAKE HALLOWEEN SPECIAL BY
- Joining or renewing your tenant association membership ($10/apartment each year), and
- Contributing to our Legal Fund ($100 or whatever you can afford).
Make a paper or electronic check payable to
Central Park Gardens Ten. Assoc.
and leave it in a sealed envelope for Joan Browne in Apt. 12F OR have your bank send it to Joan Browne, 50 W. 97th St., Apt. 12F, NY, NY 10025.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: Friday, Oct. 9, 2020
REGISTER HERE: https://www.ny.gov/services/register-vote
HOW TO VOTE:
- If you don't yet have an absentee ballot, APPLY RIGHT NOW FOR AN ABSENTEE BALLOT!
- Once you get the ballot, check.
- It's ok if the ballot says "Official Absentee Military Ballot." (They just forgot to put a "/" between ""military" and "absentee".)
- It's NOT ok if the inside return envelope has a different name and address from yours. If that happens, contact the Board of Elections!
- Fill out the ballot. Sign where you have to.
- If you are planning to return it by mail, put it in the return envelope, and put a regular first-class postage stamp on the envelope - even though the ballot is oversized.
- You can also take the ballot with you to the polls - both Early Voting and Regular. If the line is not too long, you can decide to vote IN PERSON, instead of absentee. Then just tear up the absentee ballot and throw it out. If the line is very long and you can't wait, put your absentee ballot in the special box for it at the polling place.
- EARLY voting at West Side High School, 140 West 102nd Street during these hours:
· Saturday, October 24: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
· Sunday, October 25: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
· Monday, October 26: 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
· Tuesday, October 27: 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
· Wednesday, October 28: 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
· Thursday, October 29: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
· Friday, October 30: 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
· Saturday, October 31: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
· Sunday, November 1: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- REGULAR VOTING on NOVEMBER 3rd at PS 163, on West 97th Street between Columbus and Amsterdam Avenues, between 6 AM and 9 PM.