Saturday, March 27, 2021
Saturday, March 20, 2021
Wednesday, March 17, 2021
Howard Wolfson: Interview with Dianne Morales, candidate for NYC Mayor (Bloomberg)
Samar Khrushid: Donovan, Garcia, Morales, Wiley & Yang seem to be on track to receive matching funds in NYC mayoral race (Gotham Gazette)
Shant Shahrigian: NYC mayoral candidates Kathryn Garcia & Andrew Yang challenge City to streamline business licenses (Daily News)
Sally Goldenberg: New York Communities for Change supports Scott Stringer for NYC Mayor (Politico NY)
Andrew Siff on race for NYC Mayor: Yang, Wiley, Stringer & Adams emerge as early frontrunners (NBC New York) (VIDEO)
New York Times: Five takeaways from NYC mayoral race
Politico NY: How Andrew Yang charmed the right on his road to political stardom
Shant Shahrigian: NYC mayoral candidate Maya Wiley awarded $1.9 million in matching funds (Daily News)
Martin Braun: NYC mayoral candidate Andrew Yang raises $2.1 million in direct donations (Bloomberg)
Jarrett Murphy: NYC mayoral candidates have uneven records of voting over the years (City Limit)
Patrick Sissoon: More than 300 candidates compete for 35 seats on New York City Council (Bloomberg CityLab)
Thursday, February 18, 2021
- Ranked voting: In primary elections for NYC offices, you can choose up to 5 - ranking them as first choice, second choice, etc. If no first choice candidate reaches 50%, the last candidate's votes will be re-allocated to the top four candidates according to the choices listed - until one person has 50%. The advantages: candidates are less likely to engage in negative campaigning since they may need the supporters of another candidate; and minority candidates are more likely to be heard.
- Right to Counsel in Housing Court: While we already have that in our zip code for needy tenants, the Council needs to expand it city-wide. The eviction moratorium ends Feb. 26, 2021 - or May 1st for tenants who fill out hardship declarations. But after that, there may be an avalanche of eviction proceedings for all the tenants who have been unable to pay rent due to the pandemic.
To schedule a COVID vaccination appointment:
NYC Health &Hospitals site, 1-877-VAX-4NYC (Seniors get free transportation on request)
VaccineFinderNYC.gov – 877-829-4692 (Seniors get free transportation on request)
Call Denise Fontanez-Rodriguez, 212-316-7906, 347-964- 3253
BY COMPUTER OR SMART PHONE:
Drugstores for people 65 or older:
For all eligible people, regardless of age:
Columbia, NY Presbyterian, Weill Cornell: Go to the myconnectnyc.org, its Connect patient portal. (https://www.myconnectnyc.org/MyChart/Authentication/Login?)
Abyssinian Baptist Church members: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, February 15, 2021
- ranked voting - what it is, how to do it, how it affects us
- COVID vaccinations,
- and more!
Friday, February 12, 2021
COVID has changed our usual VALENTINE’S DAY fundraiser too.
BUT we still need money –to keep all tenants informed with tenant handbooks, a website, flyers and more, and to fight the expected “Major Capital Improvement” increase we’re expecting for the rent stabilized tenants.
SHOW YOUR LOVE FOR THE TENANT ASSOCIATION BY
· Joining or renewing your membership ($10/apartment each year), and
· Contributing to our Legal Fund ($100 yearly or whatever you can afford).
Bring your check to your floor captain, or bring it (or send your electronic check) payable to Central Park Gardens Ten.’ Assn. to Joan Browne in Apt. 12F.