Each June, the Rent Guidelines Board sets the percentage increase for rent stabilized apartments whose leases are renewed any time during the year period beginning the next
PROPOSED INCREASE RANGE:
- For one-year increase periods commencing on or after October 1, 2013 and on or before September 30, 2014: 3.25% - 6.25%
- For two-year increase periods commencing on or after October 1, 2013 and on or before September 30, 2014: 5.0% - 9.5%
(The RGB will vote to pick some number in those ranges.)
The only RGB hearing open for public comment is on
- Thursday, June 13th starting at 10 AM:
- Emigrant Savings Bank Building, 49-51 Chambers Street (between Broadway and Centre Street).
- - -
Meanwhile . . .
Community Action for Safe Apartments wrote to the RGB asking for outer-borough hearings. They wrote: "We have not heard back from the RGB in response to our letter asking them to make our hearing an official hearing—so we are moving forward with creating a people’s hearing! We will create a space where tenants voices can truly be heard and where the need for reform will be overwhelming clear.
- Wednesday, June 5, 2013, starting at 5:30 PM
- at the New Settlement Community Center, 1501 Jerome Avenue and 172nd Street"
The two tenant representatives on the RGB will be there along with several politicians and, we hope, lots of tenants. Be there!