è Albany's rent regulation laws expire in June 2015.
When they're renewed, let's get more for our tenants and all tenants in New York.
A pending Albany bill could put market-rate tenants in our building back into rent stabilization!
That bill would give all tenants in this building the same right
- to a renewal lease at a rate determined by NYC's Rent Guidelines Board
- to a rent reduction if services are reduced
- to permit family members living with them to get the apartment if the original tenant leaves.
- Albany decides who will be rent regulated and the composition of the Rent Guidelines Board.
- NYC's Rent Guidelines Board (appointed by the mayor) decides on rent increase percentages for rent regulated tenants renewing their leases.