Thursday, April 14, 2016

Construction dust? Call 311 early and often!

When landlords do construction in a building, they are required to reasonably protect tenants from the dust and noise.  That means, at the least, putting a plastic sheet over the door or any holes in the wall.    Stellar is NOT doing that. 

Please call 311 to file a dust complaint with Healthy Homes at the Department of Health or a construction complaint with the Department of Buildings.  You can do it anonymously.  But do give the name of our building manager: Niti Jakupaj, 212-222-4430.  

Then forward the complaint reference number to sue [at ] janak[dot] org. 

Let's protect ourselves from lead dust and other hazards!