- S 3326-A /A. 9230 which will put into rent stabilization all buildings that leave or have left Mitchell-Lama (and project-based Section 8) regardless of the year built, and without "unique or peculiar circumstances" increases.
- S.2237 / A.2005 which will repeal vacancy decontrol, so that owners may no longer remove vacant apartments from rent stabilization. The bill would re-stabilize market-rate apartments whose rents were under $5000 as of January 1, 2007 - at whatever the rent was that month.
- And many more, that you can see at www.save-ml.org .
So please stop by the lobby between 10 and 5 to sign:
- a postcard to Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver asking him to put A.9230 on the agenda for a vote
- a postcard to Senate Majority Leader John Sampson asking him to promote S.3326 and S.2237, and to get them voted on
- a petition to our Assembly Member Daniel O'Donnell - a co-sponsor of A.9230 - urging him to pressure Sheldon Silver, and thanking O'Donnell for his support; and
- a petition to our State Senator Bill Perkins - a co-sponsor of S.3326 - urging him to persuade his friend John Sampson to promote the bills and put them on the agenda for a vote.