- 24-hour security (the doorman is often absent and the doors often open)
- a reopened backyard
- window blinds repairs and replacement
- a safe front stair banister
- a consistently working intercom
Since the law prohibits landlords from cutting the services of rent stabilized tenants (unless the landlord also cuts the rent), and complaints are strongest if
- filed within 4 years of entering rent stabilization
- with many tenants signing on
And 165 tenants signed onto the complaint! - representing about 3/4 of the rent stabilized tenants in the building - and that was just those who were available to sign within a two-day period. Those signatures make the complaint much stronger.
THANKS to all those who signed on and who supported the effort by documenting problems with your e-mails and notes, and by sitting at tables, collecting signatures.
The complaint may well take a year to resolve. We hope that Stellar will provide the services for which we are paying.