Volunteer for the Phone Bank to dis-arm the "Gangsters" :
Michael McKee of Tenants' PAC writes:
- Monday, December 22 - from 5:30to 8:30 pm
- We will phone into the Bronx districts of Ruben Diaz Sr. and Pedro Espada Jr.
- We need Spanish-speaking phone bankers.
- Tuesday, December 23 - 5:30 to 8:30 pm
- We will phone into the two Bronx districts as well as the Brooklyn district of Carl Kruger.
- We need Spanish-speaking and Russian-speaking phone bankers.
11 Park Place, Suite 814
(between Broadway and Church Street, ½ block west of City Hall Park)
We know that the holiday season is a difficult time for anyone to volunteer for this campaign. But this is what we must do to protect and promote the tenant reform agenda in the 2009 session of the State Legislature.
Our only hope of enacting legislation to improve tenants’ rights and preserve our dwindling supply of regulated rental housing is to help the Democrats become the majority party in the State Senate. By rights the Democrats are the majority, having won (with the help of many tenants) 32 seats to 30 Republican seats. But the three rogue Democrats are withholding support for a Democratic majority, which could result in the Republicans remaining in control even though they are now the minority. This is unacceptable.