If you click here, you can type in the rent on your current lease and the number of bedrooms in your apartment, and calculate approximately
- your rent bill for April 2011
- your permanent MCI increase
- how many months it will take you to pay off the retroactive amount in installments
- your monthly installment (paying off the retroactive amount) for the first year
- your monthly installment (paying off the retroactive amount) for some months into the second year.
The MCI increase is on top of any lease renewal increase. So if your lease renewal increase is 6% for example, and the MCI is roughly 6%, that would make roughly a 12% increase in your current rent.
Click here or above for the calculator.